Thursday 1 September 2011

5 Gum - React² Fruit


Recently i've began to have an obsession with chewing gum, (yes I know, it's a weird thing to have an obsession of) and the brand '5' has come to my attention. When the range of gum was first released over here in the UK, gradually I bought a pack of each of the flavours and really enjoyed them! However, I recently discovered there are many more amazing flavours of the gum that've been released such as Cinnamon, Bubblegum, Green Apple etc. So, you can imagine how annoyed I was when I discovered when none of the nice flavours I want are sold in the UK at all. Because of this, i've been looking online to see what types of the gum I could buy, and came across this interesting gum. There's a series of the gum called 'React' where it comes in two varieties, a fruit one and a mint one.

They've been out in America now for about over a year I believe and they have now brought out two new gums under the name 'React²' This is the fruit variant that I have purchased and must admit I love it! It's a lovely, fruity grape flavour which tastes really good on first chew. However, even though the gum is tasty, the flavour doesn't last too long and after about 20 minutes chewing, you just have a bland object in your mouth which starts to feel a bit uncomfortable. On to the presentation, I've always loved the '5' packaging as it's sleek, sophisticated and really easy to slide into your pocket. Something that's even more interesting on this packaging is that, on the back the grip that's there to help you open the pack actually changes colour! It's kind of like when a mood ring changes colour. I don't know what it's ment to add, but I found it interesting and quite cool.

So, I'm going to mark the gums I review with a scoring system like this. Flavour - Out Of 4, Texture - Out Of 3 and Presentation - Out of 3. Overall then, Flavour - 3/4. Texture - 1/3. Presentation - 3/3. So this brings the total to 7/10.

5 Gum React² is available to buy online now (as currently, it's not available in the UK).

p.s. - keep an eye out for more gum reviews soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment